Tuesday, December 17, 2013

This Sort of Thing Doesn't Really Happen in Real Life, Does it?

I’ve about had it with 2013.  I can’t reveal a lot of details yet, and may decide to not ever reveal any details depending on how things pan out, but a man who I’ve worked closely with for 7 years, who I considered a valued co-worker and friend, was murdered in his home last night by a home invader.  It was not random.  Outright, baseless speculation from a few sources is that it was a contract killing that sprang up from his business dealings.    

No, I’m not kidding.

This man was harmless.  He never said an ill word about anyone or to anyone in the entire time I knew him.  He was a good man, with a good heart, and he did not deserve this. 

Anyone who’s been following this blog knows why I’m ready to be done with 2013.

This man, my friend, died while trying to calm the intruder down, putting himself between the intruder and his wife so that she could escape upstairs.  Once upstairs, she heard the shots.  Her husband died in their home.  The son of a bitch shot him 6 times.  He was a father of a bunch of good guys – grown men now who I still work with and hope to continue working with for years to come.  Guys, your Dad will be missed. 


May angels guide him home.  

3 comments:

  1. Holy S---. Please, pass on condolences from my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is just surreal. I'm still waiting to wake up, because I just can't fathom something like this actually happening. I feel like I just watched an opening scene to CSI or something.

    I always knew that this sort of thing actually happened, but not in my town, and not to people that I know. It is just beyond belief.

    I don't want to provide links to the news articles yet because I haven't thought out the ramifications of that yet. I'm afraid that making this blogfodder is just too much of an invasion on the family yet,and also would get too close to revealing my secret identity, which I'm not really ready to do yet...

    THose of you that have figured out where I live could probably do some searching on the local news sites to see the news reports. Not much more there than I've already written.

    I just can't get past the fact that this guy didn't deserve this. He was harmless.

    I'm also very ready for 2013 to be over. Between my buddy's daughter dying in August and all the other weird stuff, I'm looking forward to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The animals that did this should only have one fate waiting for them.

    ReplyDelete