Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome to My, Uhhh... Whatever

Welcome to my little crap blog. You’ve been brave enough to venture into the dark, seedy underworld of the internets, and now you’ll have me to deal with…

Okay, first post… We’ll start with a mission statement. Okay, statements.

1.) Give you city folk out there a taste of the wonders of country living. Okay, I know, Spokane isn’t exactly small town USA, but it is surrounded by STUSA, and I spend a lot of my time there.

2.) Comment on happenings and such, from a freedom-loving, fiscally conservative, socially/politically libertarian viewpoint.

3.) Intersperse all of the above with a bit of humor, and possibly a bit of crudity, with the express intent to shy away from the overtly crude or profane by just scratching the surface of the crude part of my nature. For instance, I have no qualms with writing the word “shit” on my blog: as in, “I don’t give two hot shits if you don’t like reading the word ‘shit’, and if you do, then I suggest you try reading other blogs where the word ‘shit’ isn’t written so frequently. Shit.”

Okay, then, a bit about your new friend Goober. As of this writing, on December 14th, in the year of our Lord 2010, I’m 30 years old, of German and Native American ancestry (I don’t belong to any tribe, and don’t really care about “all things racial” enough to even have researched what tribe my ancestry derives from, although my Grandfather once told me that it was Cherokee, but I don’t necessarily give that a lot of credence due to… … well, hell, read my next post if you’re curious).

I am happily married to a beautiful woman who is currently carrying my first child – a little girl. I live in Spokane, Washington, and my interests are basically being as diverse a person as I can be in skill, knowledge, and action (know a bit of something about everything), although I must admit that I am heavily biased towards hunting and fishing (but more on that later).

I work at a large company. My profession isn’t important, and I have no interest in making my place of employment public, so that trolls everywhere can’t make my blog a problem for the good people that I work with. Suffice it to say that I work in construction and engineering.

I will try to make this as interesting as possible to you folks reading, by keeping it short and relevant. Opine in the comments if you think I’m being too wordy. (Who the hell am I kidding, no-one is going to read this, anyway, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment