Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Awesome is Strong with this One

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08/father-says-murder-5-year-olds-killer/
A quick synopsis of the link details the promise of the father of a 5 year old boy who was brutally molested and murdered in 1975, to kill the bastard son of a bitch that did it when he is released from prison in the next couple of months.

I do not think that there is such a thing as repaying a debt to society at all, much less for something like this. No, you repay the debt to those who you owe it – the people to whom you are in debt, which in this case is the boy’s father. The boy’s father is demanding this son of a bitch’s life in repayment for the life of his son, which I think is a pretty fair trade. A just nation wouldn’t attempt to punish this guy for killing the bastard in whatever way he saw fit.

To be honest, I’m truly surprised that this sort of thing doesn’t happen more often. I can pretty much guarantee you that I’d do the same thing given a similar situation. If you hurt my kids, you will die. I don’t care how much time you do in jail to pay the debt. When you get out, you are a dead man, and you have my promise that it will not be a quick or easy trip as you throw off this mortal coil. My only quibble with this man’s actions is that he probably shouldn’t have told everyone and broadcast it to every Tom Dick and Harry on Earth, because now when this piece of shit disappears, the cops are coming after him first. As I said before, a just society wouldn’t care and would allow the father to dispose of this worthless trash in any way he saw fit, but we are not a just society.

No comments:

Post a Comment